2006-05-08

It's Been a Year...

Today I bought my May 2006 copy of MEG magazine and I was almost half-way through the magazine when I realized it's been a year since my very first article (Remembering My Mom, Think About It May 2005 ish) in MEG was published.


It was that article which opened a lot of doors for me. I remember the feeling I had when I first saw my article in the pages of my favorite magazine ever. It was a great feeling, and until now, I still can't believe that I had made my dream come true.


Not only it opened doors of opportunity for me, it also opened a lot of eyes (I'd like to believe so). When my family read that article, they (somehow) had clear thoughts of what was going through inside my head. I felt proud that time not only because I've made my dream come true, but I know that wherever my mom is, she is (anyhow) proud of what I did. I remember telling Nica (Inoturan) that I hope my article will be published in May, as a Mother's Day treat to my mom, and they did. Even if it's hard celebrating Mother's Day without her, I kinda felt happy because I've let my thoughts out with that article... even if it took me a week to finish that article.


So now I guess I would have to thank the MEG staff, especially to Nica for borrowing our docu and suggesting my article to the editors, to Pierra and Mabel for believing in my story and for agreeing to have my article published, and most of all, for all the readers who read my article and sent their feed backs, saying that the three articles (Gone Too Soon) opened their eyes.


So as we celebrate the Mother's Day this coming Sunday, tell your mom how much you love them and how thankful you are for having such a wonderful mother like them.


I love you Mom!!! And I miss you... so much.




















--
"When you got something in your head, don't stop until you're really, really good at it." -Lea Salonga

0 shout outs: