2014-05-13

Deactivate.

Photo c/o: john-alan.hubpages.com
 
When I deactivated my Facebook account a month ago, it was to tune out all the BS and the drama. Facebook became like a really small fishbowl where I find myself filled with whiny spoiled brats. I just had to get out and take a long breath.
 
I never expected it to be rewarding. Being away from Facebook was one of the best Social Media experiments I have done, probably even better than what I did for our Social Psychology experiment back in college.

I realized that when someone really wants to reach out, they will find a way, even if you're unavailable online. The result is unsurprising for some people, especially the ones I hoped would give a damn, and I'm glad that a few did. I also realized that there are some people who would ignore your texts, then flood you with an explanation when you start dishing their inabilities on their public timeline (moral of this story: some people cares more about their public image than personal relationships).
 
I really didn't miss Facebook and had no intention of reactivating it anytime soon. It was just because I was forced to do so in order to send something to someone. When I logged back on, I actually felt nothing. I know I should have been excited to see what's up, but to be honest, I didn't miss Facebook... At all!
 
It's true what they say - the World Wide Web may have the ability to connect billions of people around the world, but it also tears relationships apart; real relationships. It's a sad thought, really, when you try to think about it. A lot of you probably have over 500 friends on Facebook, but how many of them do you really know? How many of them would you actually invite at your home for a dinner and catching up? I'd bet the numbers will dwindle down to 20 or less.
 
But Twitter is just as messed up as Facebook!
 
That's true. But on Twitter, it's easier to ignore Drama Queens and haters and bullies. Perhaps I'm just biased, but simplicity isn't the best word to describe Facebook. Twitter does, however.
 
I really don't know how long will my Facebook account remain activated. But at least now I know who really cares and who doesn't give a f*ck.













--
"Imitating may be the best form of flattery, but not the best form of writing."

0 shout outs: