2014-05-07

Book Review: To All The Boys I've Loved Before (By: Jenny Han)

Photo c/o: WordsFromAnIntrovert.wordpress.com
There will always be that one person you can never move on from. No matter how long it's been or who you meet, that someone will always be special to you. Of course, I'm not talking about just our Exes, but you know what I mean.

Since I was a kid, I've only liked a few guys; two from elementary, one from high school, one from college, and three once I started working. Of those seven guys, two of them are pretty special to me. Notice how I said are instead of were? That's because they're still special for me.
It's weird because I didn't love To All The Boys I've Loved Before that much but there's something in it that I can relate to. Ever since I was a kid, I've always loved writing notes. I also got in trouble because of a 'love letter' like Lara Jean, and let me tell you, that one incident scarred me for life.
Unlike Lara Jean, I was barely 13 when it happened. My parents were the one who discovered the letters, and they got mad because I didn't tell them about it. [What they discovered, actually, was the boy's letter, not one from mine - they assumed that I'm allowing this boy to court me so they got mad because I'm barely out of Elementary school and I'm already flirting with boys. I didn't even liked the boy; even told him I can't (let him court me) because we're still too young.] Now that I think about it, it was actually pretty pointless but it didn't stop me from having trust issues ever since it happened.
That's one thing I liked about this book; the incident made Lara Jean stronger. I wasn't, that's why I still haven't had any boyfriends even though I'm already 28 years old. I'd like to think that the right guy just hasn't come, but maybe I'm just scared.
Before reading this book, and before even knowing that such a book existed, I've already written something like this for those two guys. Not on a piece of paper, though, but on a secret blog I created last year. Just like Lara Jean, I have no intention of sending it out to them so they can read it and know about my feelings. Then again, maybe them finding out about it won't be such a bad thing. I don't know.











--
"Imitating may be the best form of flattery, but not the best form of writing."

0 shout outs: