2008-07-09

It's In The Genes...?


Last night I received my July issue of MEG magazine and upon reading Maris's interview with Shaina (Magdayao) I realized something that it may be in the genes. In the interview Maris asked Ina how did she keep her body healthy (or something like that) and Ina answered with "I eat everything, madali naman kasi akong pumayat and madali din akong tumaba." With that I thought, "wait a minute, parang pareho kami ah (and we're related pa)!" Hmmmm, is it possible that it runs in the family?

A few weeks ago I wrote a blog entry entitled "Weight A Minute" and in there I shared about my so-called weight problem. Truth be told, it didn't seem like a big problem to me at first that I was underweight coz I always thought I was gonna get my "normal" weight back after a few weeks. Then again I have to admit that after I posted that entry I started regaining some pounds by taking vitamins (again), drinking milk every night, and eating as much as I could. Since then I started to gain some pounds, though not yet enough for one to say that it's already "normal."

Anyway, I was reading the interview and found out that just like me, Ina has a very fast metabolism din. Sabi ko sa sarili ko, "siguro nga nasa lahi namin (yung having a fast metabolism) kaya we lose and gain weight easily." Coz if I will dig deep through my family members, my mom's siblings (especially the guys) were all payatot, tapos Ina said pa na she has a fast metabolism din. So siguro nga, it runs in the family.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing pero one thing is for sure: what I have right now isn't anorexia or bulimia or whatever. I have my senses back and is doing good with my "diet" right now. In less than a month I already gained 5lbs and I aimed 5 or 6lbs more.

And besides, I'm not like someone diyan na walang disiplina sa sarili!












--
"When you lie, Be Consistent. (="

0 shout outs: