2006-05-16

Obsession, is it really bad???

I was watching Oprah primetime last Sunday night and their discussion made me re-think.

Remembering my previous post about my obsession about Charmed and Lea Salonga, watching Oprah Primetime last Sunday night made it all clear to me. I had been a Charmed and Lea addict for a long time now and I don't even consider myself as "Stupid" just like in Pink's latest single, Stupid Girl. In that single's video, Pink imitated Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Jessica Simpson and what they are doing- Paris' possessions buying that are REALLY expensive, Linday's eating disorder (DIETING), and Jessica's shaking-that-booty thing.


In that episode, Oprah asked Pink about what's her description of the word STUPID. Pink, with heads up, said, "Being stupid means not giving yourself the chance to project your true self." Dr. Robin Smith, a Psychologist, said that stupid means being LOST for who you really are. She calls it, LOST SOULS rather than STUPID. The four girls being interviewed in Oprah admitted they are obsessed with celebrities (Hollywood, of course) but they are not stupid girls. They are buying stuff like those of the celebs, go on to surgeries, and even adopt expressions like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie's That's Hot! and everything else. In doing these, they don't regard themselves as STUPID.

Now back to my case, I don't think there's anything wrong with what I was doing. One thing is because I don't lose of my own identity, second I'm not hurting anybody. Third, I don't spend (THAT) much just so I can be a copycat of my idol. I'm not that desperate.

It's not a crime to get hooked with something if you know your limitations, and you're not stepping another person's feet. After all, what do they care if you wanna get hooked up with these things?

So unless I lose control of these things, then you can really say I am STUPID.






















--
"When you got something in your head, don't stop until you're really, really good at it." -Lea Salonga

0 shout outs: