2006-05-18

I've Got McPHEEver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

American Idol may not be over yet, but right now I can't help but go gaga over McPHEEver!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katharine McPhee is just incredibly talented! She has this amazing voice that I've never heard with other American Idol contestants. Last night, Kath had her night, and Simon was just freakingly good in choosing the most perfect song for her- Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

(here, a photo of her while singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow)

When I heard Kath's own rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, I was like, "Oh my God!! It's soooooooooo beautiful!" For me it was the best SOTR version I've ever heard in my entire life. She even beat Lea's version of the song! I love Lea's version of Somewhere but Katharine's is just REALLY amazing! As in WOW!
(Another McPhee favorite... Black Horse and Cherry Tree)

I also like her version of I Believe I Can Fly. Though there are some pitch problems, it's like she owns the song and did it in her own way. I swear if those two songs are being released I bet it will sell out!!! Just reallllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good!

If only I could vote, I would've spend my load just to vote for Kath. I know Taloyr's good, but Kath has more appeal to me. No offense to Taylor Hicks, but I'm not a big fan of his.
(This is Katharine McPhee's picture when she sang Someone to Watch Over Me... Another favorite)


So if Katharine McPhee didn't win the AI5 next week, it only means that America doesn't know how to define a GOOD, VERSATILE, and INCREDIBLE TALENT. And if she doesn't make it, it only means that American Idol really IS a Popularity Competition.



















--
"When you got something in your head, don't stop until you're really, really good at it." -Lea Salonga

0 shout outs: