2006-02-28

What's Goin On???

It's been kinda magulo this past few weeks... here and abroad. No, it's magulo here in the Philippines, and even I can't seem to know the exact reason why!


Classes are suspended last Friday and I don't like it... well, I don't KINDA like it coz I stayed up till 3am just to finish everything (thesis and assignment in Devcom) and to still study for our exam in Devcom. When I woke up at around 7am, I see that I have three messages received (two from Lazelle, one from Cathy). I checked Lazelle's text which said, "Mahal, pasok ako OJT pasok ka?" I was like, "Lazelle, are you bombed? It's Friday we have a class today!" So I ignored her text and move on to her next text, which said, "Wala po tayong pasok ngayon, may announcement na po sa New Era." "Ahhh, I see," I thought. She said it was because of Edsa. When she said that I got it already.


So I was thinking, "am I gonna go to my ojt today? I'm kinda lazy to go... I wanna rest." But I still texted Lazelle that I'm going. At noon, I was dressed and all when I finally decided I will not go! My cousins urged me (translation: dinemonyo!) not to go anymore because they said we're going to the hospital to visit Patricia. So we did.


This week, Monday - classes are suspended again! Goodness! What the heck is happening in our motherland?! It's kinda annoying already! I don't understand why people can't just let PGMA rule the country; besides, this is her last year (and last term) so why can't they wait for the next election??? For crying out loud it's not funny anymore! All of 'em are soooooo hunger for power! The peso rate drops lower again, as well as our economy.


Now, news said that there would be another mass rally this coming March 2nd for protest to oust PGMA. Man, what's this, another people power??? Oh for goodness' sake get off of it! We can't even feel the spirit of the REAL people power anymore (though I'm still a baby when it happened in 1986)!


I read Lea Salonga's blog last Saturday; she was sooooo proud to be a Filipino but as she said, "As a Filipino living abroad, I am frustrated with the Philippines." I agree with what she said that we should not put all the blame to the government because WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER IS HAPPENING IN OUR COUNTRY.

I agree with what Development Communication taught us, "CHANGE SHOULD BEGIN FROM WITHIN." "Each of us has the ability to change our own little corner of the world. We have the power and the knowledge to effect change," Lea Salonga said.

Here, I provided the link to her blog. Read it, it's truthful. http://bigsis222blog.blogspot.com/2005/07/not-so-lovely-thoughts-from-lovely.html












--
"When you got something in your head, don't stop until you're really, really good at it." -Lea Salonga

0 shout outs: